Why do we have an annual “Open House”?
It has been a great year for École Socrates-Démosthène, with a record enrolment of 1,434 students, compared to 1,396 students in the 2013-2014 school year and 1,402 students in the 2012-2013 school year. We are pleased with the confidence parents have shown our School, as it indicates to us that they believe in the quality of the education we offer.
This comes as no surprise to us, given that 80% of our graduates enter the best French high schools in Quebec, during early admission. Furthermore, our graduates have a 30% higher chance to obtain their Secondary V (Grade 11) Certificate, compared to public-system graduates. This year, prior to the end of October, some of our graduating-class students had already been accepted – during the first-round selection process – to some of Montreal’s most renowned high schools.
If you would like to know more, we would be pleased to host you during our five-day “Open House” event to be held in all our campuses from November 1st to November 5th 2014.
The “Open House” concept has always hugely contributed in attracting parents to our School. The personalised setting seems to convey our message in a fitting and succinct manner. Although more people are reached though paper and cyber advertising, we believe the onsite campus visit and personal atmosphere better showcase the Socrates-Démosthène experience.
With over a dozen participants and several kiosks set up to promote the services we offer, “Open House” is a must for anyone wishing to register their child at one of our campuses.
“Open House” offers an interactive way for parents to exchange with the teaching and administrative staff and obtain answers to any questions they may have. Queries on a variety of topics, from bus transportation to which days hot meals are served, will be answered in person.
During our “Open House”, participants will have opportunities to speak with the teaching and administrative staff and to register their children onsite. They can also expect information on:
• The MELS French-language programme
• Our exclusive Socrates-Démosthène Greek language, culture, history, civilisation and mythology programme
• Our exclusive Socrates-Démosthène English-language Arts programme
• The facilities offered at our campuses, through on-site tours
• Our transportation service
• Our after-school service
• Our hot-lunch programme
• Greek dance lessons
• Extra-curricular activities
• Parent Committee membership and fundraising
• Our Grade 6 Graduation and graduating-class trip to Greece
• Our High School statistics
• Tuition and other school fees
• Financial assistance options available through the Socrates Educational Foundation
We anticipate a huge turnout and we welcome everyone to come and visit our Socrates-Démosthène family in person!