This year more than ever, we would like to encourage you to support the HCGM and its many services and programs by becoming a member. As you know, the HCGM is a nonprofit organization that relies on membership fees and the generous contributions of our members and community to operate.
Your membership fee will help to support the essential services we provide to the Montreal Hellenic community at a time when income from services and events has all been reduced to zero by the restrictive measures required to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
To become a member, click here to register online. You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the full value of your membership fee.
Before registering, please take a moment to review the conditions below:
- Any person of Greek origin, of paternal and/or maternal line, who has attained his or her eighteenth (18th) birthday, and who has been received into the Eastern Greek Orthodox Church through baptism and/or Chrismation, shall be eligible to apply for membership in the Community.
- Any person married to a person of Greek origin, of paternal and/or maternal line, who has been received into the Eastern Greek Orthodox Church through baptism and/or Chrismation and has attained his or her eighteenth (18th) birthday, shall be eligible to apply for membership in the Community.
- There shall be two classes of members of the community:
Ordinary Members; and Honorary Members
- Annual membership shall have a term of twelve (12) months from the date of registration. Annual Membership may be renewed for successive periods of twelve (12) months from the expiry of the term or renewal thereof, as the case may be.
- The rights, privileges and benefits of membership come into full force thirty (30) days after registration and expire, if the membership is not renewed, thirty (30) days after the expiry of the terms of membership.