Holy Week at Holy Cross Church (Schedule)
2 HOLY MONDAY Divine Service of the Nymphio (Bridegroom) 7 p.m.
3 HOLY TUESDAY The 10 Virgins Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts 8:30 a.m.
Evening Divine Service of the Nymphio (Bridegroom) 7 p.m. His Eminence will be present
4 HOLY WEDNESDAY THE SACRAMENT OF THE HOLY UNCTION (MYRRH) 4 p.m.
Evening Divine Service of the Niptiros 7 p.m.
5 HOLY THURSDAY THE LAST SUPPER Vesperal Divine Liturgy of St- Basil the Great 6 a.m.
Evening Divine Service of our Lord’s Passion 7 p.m.
6 HOLY FRIDAY THE PASSION OF OUR LORD
The Service of the Great Imperial Hours 10 a.m.
Vespers of the (Apokathelosis) Removal of Christ from the cross 12 (noon).
Evening Matins of the Epitafios 7:30 p.m. and the procession of the Epitafios at 9:45 p.m.
7 HOLY SATURDAY THE DESCENT TO HADES
Vesperal, Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great 6 a.m. (Following, Holy Communion)
THE RESSURECTION OF OUR LORD (Saturday night)
Service of the Resurrection, Matins and Divine Liturgy 11 p.m.-2 a.m.
8 SUNDAY THE GREAT AND HOLY SUNDAY OF PASCH
Vespers of Love 11 a.m.- 12 (noon)
10 TUESDAY STS RAPHAEL, NICHOLAS AND IRENE Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30 a.m.
13 FRIDAY LIFEGIVING FONT Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30 a.m.
14 SATURDAY Divine Liturgy 9 a.m.
15 SUNDAY THOMAS SUNDAY Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30-11:30 a.m.
21 SATURDAY Divine Liturgy 9 a.m.
22 SUNDAY SUNDAY OF THE MYRRHBEARERS Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30-11:30 a.m.
23 MONDAY GREAT MARTYR GEORGE Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30-11:30 a.m.
25 WEDNESDAY APOSTLE AND EVANGELIST MARK Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30 a.m.
28 SATURDAY Divine Liturgy 9 a.m.
29 SUNDAY SUNDAY OF THE PARALYTIC Matins and Divine Liturgy 8:30-11:30 a.m.
1) Holy Confession will NOT be held during Holy Week.
2) The traditions of the Church remind us that devout Christians, on Holy and Great Wednesday, offer the Gifts (oil, wine and flour) as well as the names of the living to be commemorated during the Holy Sacrament of Unction.
3) On Holy and Great Friday, the faithful bring the names of our deceased brothers and sisters, which will be commemorated before the Epitafios during the Lamentations.
4) On Holy and Great Pascha, after Vespers of Love, Easter eggs will be handed out. I warmly ask from all devout Christians to bring red eggs.
5) On Thomas Sunday right after the Divine Liturgy, the breaking of the eggs will take place at the hall of our church.