JOB POSTING: ACCOUNTING CLERK
The Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal (HCGM) encompasses École Socrates-Démosthène, supplementary education (Saturday schools), churches, social services, cultural affairs, sports and community centers and its Head Office. The Accounting, located at the Head Office, is looking for an Accounting clerk, responsible for the school fees of the HCGM schools, under the direction of the Financial Controller. Salary is in accordance with the salary scale of the collective agreement pertaining to the position.
- Verify that student registration forms are complete and post-dated tuition checks are properly attached.
- Enter all entries in the accounting software.
- File the accounts receivable transactions.
- File all checks for follow-up and reference.
- Prepare required bank deposits on a regular basis and forward them to the Senior Accounting clerk.
- Communicate by phone and email with clients to follow-up outstanding debts, including returned checks.
- Reconcile receivables and associated bank accounts in collaboration with the Financial Controller.
- File related documents and other accounting documents as required.
- Perform any other duties normally expected of an Accounts Receivable Account Clerk in the performance of his / her duties, as directed by the Financial Controller.
• DEP in accounting with relevant experience from one (1) to three (3) years.
• Very good knowledge of English and/or French (spoken, read and written). Greek, an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite and AccPac software.
• Good sense of priorities, with a certain level of autonomy.
Candidates may send their CV and a cover letter by May 31, 2019 to Margarita Mavromichalis, Administrative Assistant.
By email to [email protected]
By fax at 514-738-5466 or by mail at the following address:
Attn: Margarita Mavromichalis
Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal
5777 Wilderton Ave
Montreal Quebec H3S 2V7
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. HCGM offers equality of employment