The Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal (HCGM) encompasses the Community’s schools, churches, social services, cultural and community centres within the territory of metropolitan Montreal, including Laval, Montreal, and the South Shore.
Position Overview and Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the IT Support Technician is responsible for functioning as the first- and second-level support of all HCGM IT end-user support requests, as well as, Website maintenance, which includes, bit is not limited to, acknowledging the ticket, obtaining approvals as needed, completing and documenting work logs, or escalating to out-sourced support. End users will look to the incumbent to solve technical issues they may have across 12 locations comprised of school campuses, community offices and churches.
- Develop a strong relationships and provide a very high level of service across all locations;
- Contribute to overall proactive support initiatives;
- Provide remote and on-site support;
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstations hardware, software, and peripheral devices;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary;
- Respond to monitoring alerts to quickly identify trouble source and implement resolution;
- Create and maintain client documentation;
- Contribute to client projects as required;
- Work with outsourced IT company and share knowledge;
- Provide assistance to company websites and blogs;
- Administrate and maintaining end user accounts, permissions, and access rights;
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations;
- Administrate all equipment, hardware and software upgrades;
- Maintain all HCGM Websites
- Work on specific property IT requirements related (i.e. email addresses, phones lines, office equipment);
- Assume additional responsibilities and completing special projects as needed or directed.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in helpdesk/support role in an IT environment
- Experienced in the management of multi-platform hardware and software environments including Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012R2, Active Directory, networking (TCP/IP) required.
- Experience with HyperV or VMWare virtual server environments is desirable.
- Scripting with Powershell, Python, Java, and VBScript required.
- Industry Certification(s) (one or more of Network+, Security+, MCP, MCSE, MCITP, VCA, CCNA, ITIL)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Experience in networking including routing, VPN’s and VLAN’s
- Knowledge of integrating Mac into a Windows environment is a definite asset
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and your own vehicle is required
Please send your CV with cover letter, email: [email protected]
Application deadline: June 4, 2017
The HCGM is an equal-opportunity employer.