Community Intervention Counselor-Caregiver’s Program Assistant
Job offer: Community Intervention Counselor-Caregiver’s Program Assistant
Number of position(s) to fill: 1
HELLENIC SOCIAL SERVICES OF QUÉBEC
- 5220 Grande Allée, Saint-Hubert, Québec, J3Y 1A1
The candidate is required to help with:
- The existing programs, activities, conferences, cafés-rencontres and whatever else the coordinator or SSHQ director will need help with
- Responsible for regular info-mobile kiosk activities (out-of-office)
- Sensitizing, informing and supporting clients
- Keeping appropriate records and doing surveys after activities
- Referring clients to public resources
- Helping to prepare announcements, flyers regarding activities for the media
Requirements and working conditions
Education: Secondary completed.
College diploma in related field or in the last year of studies.
Experience: 1 to 2 years as a community intervention worker
Candidate must have a working knowledge of French and English (verbal and written); Greek is an asset. Candidate must be comfortable with using Microsoft Office in Windows environment; valid driver’s license and possessing a car is an asset; residing in the South Shore would be considered an asset; report to the appropriate project coordinator for the particular activity and the SSHQ Director when relevant; this is a one-year contract with a possibility of renewal.
Salary offered: $ 15 – per hour
Employment status: temporary / between 15 and 30 hours per week /occasional weekend and evening work
Contract period: for a year starting from September 2018
The candidate must be available as of September 10th 2018
Deadline for applications is August 31th 2018.
Only the candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The SSHQ-HCGM is an equal opportunity employer.
Name of contact person: Eleni Fakotakis Kolaitis (Director)
Email: [email protected]
Please send a letter of presentation and CV.
For further details you may contact Margarita Mavromichalis, Administrative Assistant to the Executive Department at 514-738-2421, #150 or by email: [email protected]
This position is funded in part by APPUI MONTÉRÉGIE.